Native to the seasonally dry forests stretching from the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico to the tropical savannas of Ecuador, the palo santo tree is an American relative of frankincense and myrrh. Also known as holy wood, palo santo has been revered by indigenous peoples for ritual purification rites and other uses for centuries.
Palo Santo essential oil is steam distilled from sustainably wildcrafted wood that has fallen naturally from trees and been allowed to dry for a period of months to years. The palo santo forest at Young Living’s Finca Botanica Farm and Distillery in Ecuador is a fascinating place to visit to witness the newly planted trees and the old trees with dead bark lying ready to be collected and distilled.
Palo Santo essential oil comes from distilling old, dead wood that dies a natural death. There are many large fallen trees in the palo santo forest that are connected by one root and, therefore, are still alive.
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ or olive oil and apply to desired area as needed. Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Has an alluring, woodsy aroma
- Creates a grounding, calming environment when used aromatically
- Evokes positive influences with its inspiring aroma
- Can be paired with massage for its warm, refreshing scent
- Can be used to enjoy the outdoors annoyance free
- Rub 1 drop of Palo Santo plus 1 drop of carrier oil between your palms for an inspiring scent as you work on your goals.
- Before your yoga practice, apply a few drops of Palo Santo onto your mat for a grounding and calming aroma.
- Tell fatigued muscles “knot today.” Blend Palo Santo with V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex for an uplifting post-workout massage.
- Diffuse Palo Santo with Frankincense or Myrrh while you take a moment to sit quietly and reflect.